View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Police and Crime Act UPDATE 
Site Admin

Post Police and Crime Act UPDATE
**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ**

Ok, so back in May the Police and Crime Act 2017 was given royal assent and became law.
This is basically the home office clearing a few grey areas for airsofting and airsofters in general regarding the definition of a firearm.
Under these new guidelines, if you have an AEG which is capable of fully automatic fire and that chronos at over 378fps - you have (by definition of the new bill) a section 5 firearm which comes with a mandatory 5 year prison sentence. For DMRs locked to semi, and bolt action rifles - the maximum legal limit is 519fps. If yours chronos at 520fps or over, you also have a section 5 firearm.
If you run HPA or Gas rifles which can alter power via regulator or changing gas, both of these are at risk of falling into the section 5 firearm category but are still ok for now to use.

If you order rifles from abroad - taiwangun for example - please make sure you ask to have it downgraded in power. If you import anything over 380fps you will be importing a firearm.

So how does this affect us as a club and you, the club member?

Our site fps limits will remain the same:-
350fps MAX for fully auto AEGs
450fps MAX for permanent semi auto rifles - LOCKED TO SEMI PHYSICALLY
500fps MAX for bolt action rifles
350fps MAX for pistols (CO2/Gas/Electric)

I will try to chrono ALL rifles on site on game days (spot checks will also be in force)
The main reason for this will be to make sure we are all complying with MOA site insurance rules and the new Police and Crime Bill.
I have a large supply of 335fps springs to pop in your AEGs available on site.

So nothing to panic about - no need to cut your rifles to pieces and buy new stuff. If you have rifles you wish to chrono to ensure they are abiding by the law, feel free to bring them along to a gameday and we'll get it chronoed! :)

Any questions guys - just post em up :)

Loves ya.

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]