View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
On the Spot Interview with Swiftnbold AKA Ron Mahoney 
Official Club Member

Post On the Spot Interview with Swiftnbold AKA Ron Mahoney
Hi Mate, Its MOA here, the time has come to wander around aimlessly in your head to see if we can dig up anything useful :) , welcome to our "On the spot Interview" feature.

Just a few questions if you dont mind.

Q – What is Your Name?
A – Ron Mahoney

Q – Where are you From?
A – Well born in Liverpool but really a naturalized wooly back now

Q – How old Are You?
A - This year I'll be the same as Joan Collins (well she's been claiming she's 50 for past 20 years)

Q – How long Have you been into airsoft?
A - Since 2011

Q – What is your weapon of choice?
A - I've been through many a gat over past few years but my trusty Mauser L115 (AW338) springer has remained through all the chopping and changes. Especially with Optisan Viper scope and Swiss Arms over barrel silencer.

Q – How did you get into Airsoft?
A - I was writing for Blaze Publishing (Airgun Shooter/Sporting Rifle) and they told me they were launching a new magazine that I might be interested in writing for called Airsoft Action. "P**s off" I said - "gang of kids running around and playing soldiers." But the new editor rang me and told me about many ex-squaddies being involved and I relented and rang some fella called Steve - rest is history!!

Q – How often do you Airsoft?
A - Was nearly every week but as I've covered virtually every site within an hour-or-so drive then I've slowed down a bit. Still trying to get out every other week.

Q - Do you have any other hobbies outside of airsoft?
A - Was into all forms of shooting; shot with Red Rose Rifle Club, Clays, air-rifles - anything really. Funny thing is since getting into Airsoft I haven't hunted and feel that the challenge of taking out some dumb animal doesn't cut it when compared to stalking or hunting someone who can out think me. For 25 years I was heavily involved in diving and even ran two magazines of my own. A diving injury in 2007 put pay to that and I had to hang my fins up.

Q - If you could add a feature to the Site, what would it be?
A - Hmm maybe another 10 acres of exactly the same really - MOA has some of the best stalking terrain of any of the other day-sites I've been to. You've got to get in full forestry blocks to get anything much better.

Q - Most of use know you as a sneaky sniper b@stard, but the question is, how intimate can a pheasant get, before you give in and move.......?
A -LOl - actually I've had some very close encounters with MOA's permanent residents over the past few years. As someone who likes to go to ground and waits for the "enemy" to move on my position I've often been lying waiting while something comes creeping through the undergrowth thinking it's putting distance between itself and human's. I think if our hare decided to get frisky I'd move have you seen the size of him!!

Q - Rumor has it you are an ex squaddie, Do you want to take this chance to big up your old regiment.
A - Well I'm sure you're all well versed in the history of 3rd Battalion The Royal Green Jackets as our illustrious leader and I have waffled bollox in the safe zone on many occasions.

Q - What is the most painfull hit you have taken in any airsoft game?
A - Would have to be covering CQB sites - turned a few corners to be met by someone who's a bit over excited with his trigger finger. Truth be told I'm not a great fan of CQB - too much "conveyor-belt-hit-regen" for me.

Q - What is the one moment (airsoft related) that made you laugh so hard you maybe wee'd just a little bit?
A - Probably when I shot John Paul Drake from across the far end of the pond in front of the P.O.W. Camp. Although I hadn't aimed for a head shot the BB skipped up and hit him in his Nam helmet. It then then ricochet off and hit another player standing five feet away. The pair of them turned to each other and raised their hands to declare "hit". It was like something out of the JFK "magic bullet" theory!!

Q – If you could change anything @ MOA what would it be?
A - Can we get our Sundays back ....please?

Q – How do you find the forum?
A - Chatting around the safe zone I think

Q – What has been your best shoot @ MOA & Why?
A – Seeing everyone take part in the CQQ course - although I was instructing I thought everyone had a good day, learned something and that it pushed a few skills forward

Q – What is the relevance of your Username?
A - Old regimental motto of RGJ - but the Slow & Bald bit is more like it these days

Q - Finally If money was no object what would be the first thing you added to the site.?
A - Hmm, crashed Antanov 255 one end of the site

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:11 am
Official Club Member

Post Re: On the Spot Interview with Swiftnbold AKA Ron Mahoney
Saw that hare on the 1st
Big spanish waiter it is
Jumped past my rifle when I was laying in wait

"There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives"

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:22 pm
Forum Owner

Post Re: On the Spot Interview with Swiftnbold AKA Ron Mahoney
great interviev james ;)

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]