View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
On The Spot Interview with FusionWolf AKA Rhys Gillingham 
Site Admin

Post On The Spot Interview with FusionWolf AKA Rhys Gillingham
Hi Rhys, Its MOA here, we have just a few questions to dig a little deeper into your rather unique psyche, welcome to our "On the spot Interview" feature.

Just a few questions if you dont mind.

Q – What is Your Name?
A – Rhys Gillingham

Q – Where are you From?
A – Hindley, Wigan, Greater Manchester, England, UK, Europe, Earth

Q – How old Are You?
A - 22

Q – How long Have you been into airsoft?
A - oh god... urm, I think about... carry the one... 4 years?

Q – What is your weapon of choice and why?
A - Counter to popular beliefs that it was lost years ago, my brain is what i prefer to use :) you depend on a specific rifle too much then when it goes down you are finished. That said my remote dets have always served me well and I can always take the grin off of someone's face with them :)

Q – How did you get into Airsoft?
A - Well, it all started when we (Me, Ryan, Luke and Sam) set out to make the awesome amateur movie The Monsoon Platoon. To make a good film we needed: good acting, good plot, a good location and some realistic props! So we moved onto cheap shitty BB guns, like £15 ones. (ah we were so immature). Then we all started looking into metal ones (for the realism) and you can pretty much guess the rest, we got interested in trying airsoft and found the closest site. Best Decision. EVER!

Q – How often do you Airsoft?
A - Not enough, not nearly enough. We need the zombie apocalypse to hit so we can survive and turn the entire of wigan into an airsoft site. That way no jobs... :D. My job is the real thing that gets in my way, horrible shifts.

Q - You are a sneaky son of a breach, how do you maintain a low profile all shoot? Surely it is tiring, what is the secret?
A - Ah, so it's a trick is it? You expect me to spill all of my secrets do you? Ok then. Pretty much it is a matter of slow and steady, you need to balance looking at what's under your feet and looking around, keep a clear and calm mind when moving as a wrong turn will end you up in an area that you won't be able to get through quietly. Make sure you forward plan, maybe going through a noisy area up ahead will make a little noise but avoid more noise later on.

Q - For those that dont know, Rhys has given his rifles names. What are they rhys?
A - hehe i expected this one:
Alice - SRC MG36
Sally - WE GBB L85
Mary - M92L (my saving grace)
Elizabeth - ICS L85 (sore topic, somewhat unavailable to party)
Henrietta - G&G PDW99 (P90)

Q - What is the most painfull hit you have taken in any airsoft game?
A - cheek, lip, that sort of area, stings like a bitch and leaves a mark that lasts for days

Q - What is the one moment (airsoft related) that made you laugh so hard you maybe wee'd just a little bit?
A - Unfortunately only me, Danny and a couple of others will even know this but:
One faitful day when defending the jungle walk (Bunker 1 through to CP) the attacking team (of about 12-15) were moving through where the Somme trench meets the jungle again. Nice orderly single line formation that Ste was yelling for them to keep up...

One of them stopped, then the next one met up with him and did too. There was some white smoke in the track all of a sudden, completely blocking their view of the path ahead. So it goes something like this:
Guy 1: "What's with the smoke"
Guy 2: "I don't know, someone throw it?"
Guy 1: "Hey guys, anyone throw a smoke?"

By this point about 4 were in the narrow chokepoint , Ste comes jogging over to check why his lovely line had become a mess:
Ste: "Don't stop, keep moving"
Guy 1: "but there's smoke"
Guy2: "We think someone threw it"

So Ste turns tutting to the team and goes to ask who threw the grenade... Just as he does the shoe drops and:
Ste: "OH roses! AMBUSH!!!"

Ste dives out of the way as me and Danny (Almost unable to stand holding back our laughter) let two grenades fly from both sides of the tree line, then my dets go, then bbs fly. The chaos and casualties were epic. (the attacking team quickly recovered) but holy roses... we were laughing all the way to CP and for a couple of weeks after XD

Q – If you could change anything @ MOA what would it be?
A - As with any good thing... it needs to be bigger, more frequent.

Q – How do you find using the forum?
A - Oh god i can't believe you changed it from "How do you find the forums"! I have like a million good jokes for this! Oh whatever i'm using them anyway.

Well, i'm an IT technician, so like i find everything else.. with Google X'D - Really? I have it bookmarked myself.....

Q – What has been your best shoot @ MOA & Why?
A – There have been so many, but it will have to be the zombie weekender. Perfect people in the perfect place, Suzie was the perfect zombie... and the loud counting... genius!

Q – What is the relevance of your Username?
A - Well my clan tag on xbox is FusionPoodle, the clan Fusion died out unfortunately and I ended up using it for everything. FusionWolf was the person who invited me into the clan so was always a mentor really (this is like from when Xbox 360 came out).

Q - Finally If money was no object what would be the first thing you added to the site.?
A - If money was no object I would buy a not-so-small island and have an airsoft site so amazing that words would fail to describe it... but, i would have the exact dimensions of MOA kept aside and the same trees, furns, plants and features moved there. (Helicopter and landing craft would ofc ferry people there and pick them up from their homes). We can dream :)

A big thanks,

Sherm

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]