View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 am

Forum rules

Please be sensible!. Remember the BANHAMMER is always swinging

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Hi all thinking of getting into airsoft... 

Post Hi all thinking of getting into airsoft...
Hi all thinking of getting into airsoft and was wondering if anybody would like to share info with me tips ideas and reasons why you like it etc, i just want to get a rough idea of the game & people a lad i work with called chris told me about this site which is why im here lol, cheers in advanced for any replys.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 am
Official Club Member

Post Re: Hi all thinking of getting into airsoft...
There are people who would be able to give you much better advice than me on here... but I shall get the ball rolling...! Welcome to MOA Kai! First and foremost MOA is a place to have a laugh, get shot, shoot people, make friends, get shot, learn how to avoid being shot, behave like a kid in a sweet shop when you see all the shiny things and most importantly go home with a huge smile on your face!
As to what you need to start of with... here is a simple list to give you an idea, a sturdy set of boots, some form of tough clothing, I.e. a set of DPMs, new is never necessary as they are gonna get very dirty :P a sense of humour and yourself :) MOA should be able to provide everything else you need to have a great day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awarded For Bravery In the Face of a MK 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:03 am
Official Club Member

Hey Kai,

Just to re-iterate what Ryan said, welcome to MOA... I have been airsofting for a long time now and been to a lot of different sites. MOA may not have the biggest site but what it lacks in size it makes up in personality....

Nowhere in the UK will you find a more friendly bunch. except for ginger luke... avoid him at all costs......

I could wax lyrical about how people always take there hits, how everyone is fair.. but i would definately suggest you come and see for yourself...

Just to put any fears you may have to rest. Dont worry about not having the "best" kit etc... it makes very little difference, having the self discipline to watch an area if you have been asked to and enthusiasm always more than makes up for a lack of experience.

To give you an idea of how the day works...

We arrive and chat roses for 30 mins while we have a Brew (made by Cath) and wait for everyone to get thier roses together.
Games normally start at about 9:30 / 10am...
We do a variety of different games, from short attack / defend games to long winded patrols or hostage rescues etc...
Dont worry about being out for ages,... this aint that painball crap.... in my opinion the very best bit of airsoft as screaming medic at your mates or just some random dude on your team.... and watching them sprint out of the nice fat bit of cover into a hail of bb's to try to rescue you :) :) :)

We also have explosives and caths cooking... which is sometimes one and the same... :) :) so expect to see screening smoke, and 150 decibel grenades being thrown in your direction....

Best way i can describe it is.... Like being on exercise but without any of the bullshit that goes with it..

Hopefully ill see you soon and you can see for yourself.... :) :)

J

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 pm
Site Admin

Now what did someone say about the ginger....we have feelings you know!.......(i cant even keep a straight face typing this)

I dont really have anything to add to what Ryan and Jizzy have said, other than - hi, im ginger luke and if i can airsoft.....SO CAN YOU ;)

Sherminator.

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm

I will be coming down the next chance i get, moving house i a week so doubt ile have any money spare but im keen n up 4 it looks a good laugh i do want to get into airsoft so ile deffo be making an apperance cheerz for the replys :D

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm
Official Club Member

Watch out for lukes grenades if he throws that at you run away from him or in the opposite direction! he is a bad shot with them :P

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]