View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

Forum rules

Please be sensible!. Remember the BANHAMMER is always swinging

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
New Starter - How to go about starting the hobby 
Site Admin

Post New Starter - How to go about starting the hobby
You've just arrived home after your first airsoft shoot, you put the kettle on or go to the pub and think hard about how much of an awesome day you just had. The realisation kicks in that you are now hooked and you want to buy your own airsoft rifle and gear!

But, you ask, how do i go about doing it?

Well, attend another 2 shoots at the same club site within 2 months and you will be able to send off for your UKARA number or a PASS number. These are defences you will need to order a RIF (Realistic Imitation Firearm)

Once you have signed the paperwork, joined the club and sent off for your UKARA/PASS you are done - next thing to do is buy your gear!

Keep searching on the 'General Chat' section of this forum for the next few parts to the 'New Starter' threads....

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: New Starter - How to go about starting the hobby
Just thought i'd add some more to this:-

Clothing

You will need clothing you don't mind getting dirty. If you are planning on returning and taking up the hobby a full set of camo's should be on your list of things to purchase. Not only do they keep you hidden when in combat, but they are tough materials and can withstand a full day of running around.
In summer you wont need to dress with too many layers, you soon start sweating after a small firefight. Winter is a different story all together, layers and warm hats! Oh and gloves.......GLOVES!! Protect your trigger fingers :D

Footwear

One of the things that if you are going to do it, do it properly. Spend good money on a good pair of boots. Crap boots will damage your feet over time. You will need sturdy boots that are comfortable. Waterproof is always a bonus!

Eye protection

We do have eye protection on site to either purchase or hire for the day. However, just like footwear, if you are planning on continuing the sport then purchase a good pair of goggles which must be airsoft ballistics rated. Don't buy cheapo eye pro - it will only end badly.

Sat May 07, 2016 12:49 am

What are the brands that you guys prefer? I'm also new and I'd like to buy something that's good quality and that'll last.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 pm
Site Admin

Hi i've been wearing Bolle Sillium clear safety glasses for years now. They are light and easy to wear all day and have protected my eyes a few times without any signs of impact damage. As for boots, any full leather ex military surplus would be fine, although you can go out and buy boots like Lowa and Altberg but with the price tag attatched to such boots.
If your just starting out in Airsoft my own recomandations would be the above mentioned Bolle glasses with a pair of ex surplus combat boots. Chuck in some surplus dpm or flecktarn pants and a jacket and your good to go.
When it comes down to webbing i would suggest turning up at a shoot and see whats out there.
Hope this helps!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm
Site Admin

Zeller wrote:
What are the brands that you guys prefer? I'm also new and I'd like to buy something that's good quality and that'll last.

A perfect question you raise!

Eye pro - Well, as Biker has mentioned above, bolle sillium glasses do the job and then some!

There are some mesh goggles out there too which are good - but its a case of see what fits and is comfortable!

Boots - Again, as mentioned above - army surplus boots you can pick up for about £30/£40 - they are built for this kind of thing so are tough wearing, i'd recommend investing in a decent pair of boots - dont go for cheapest as they will be what you wear all the time on a shoot and cheap can wear out quick. I personally use a pair of Grade 1 German Para Mk5 boots which were £69.99 - they are damn comfy.

Clothing - Yup, army surplus you can pick up DPM or Flecktarn for pence nowadays - trousers, shirt and smock is all you really need.

Accessories - Webbing and the like is all down to personal preference and the best way to see what you'd prefer would be to get to a shoot and ask the advice of others on site and see/hold it in person!

Get these basics done first, then worry about weaponry :)

Luke

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Moa how far is the parking from the event area

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:00 pm
Site Admin

Hi, the parking from the Safe Zone is some distance away but we offer a vehicle lift for everyones kit and those wanting a lift also.
Hope this explanation helps.
Cheers
Biker.

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:20 am

Yeah , thanks for the explanation, @Biker!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:13 pm
Profile WWW

Hi,

Wearables that you don't mind getting dirty are a must. A complete set of camouflage gear ought to be on your shopping list if you intend to resume your hobby. They not only help you remain undetected during fight, but they are also made of durable materials so they can last a full day of running around.
In the summer, you won't need to wear too many layers of clothing because, after a little firefight, you'll start perspiring. Layers and warm caps are essential during the winter. Oh, and gloves!! GLASSES!! Keep your trigger fingers safe. I also work on furniture.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:36 pm

byter wrote:
Hi,

Wearables that you don't mind getting dirty are a must. A complete set of camouflage gear ought to be on your shopping list if you intend to resume your hobby. They not only help you remain undetected and how to get rid of moobs during fight, but they are also made of durable materials so they can last a full day of running around.
In the summer, you won't need to wear too many layers of clothing because, after a little firefight, you'll start perspiring. Layers and warm caps are essential during the winter. Oh, and gloves!! GLASSES!! Keep your trigger fingers safe. I also work on furniture.

Thanks for this detailed help, it is helpful in firefighting.

Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next