View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
MOA Airsoft - 29th June - Vietnam Shoot 
Official Club Member

Post MOA Airsoft - 29th June - Vietnam Shoot
Im not entirely sure where to start other than to say a massive well done to all who attended and worked thier backsides off all day.

Certainly from my perspective it was nice to see how hard people were working and the effort people went to with kit etc..

I hope you all enjoyed it and i look forward to shooting you all soon..

Ps. apologies to anyone who felt the gammyness of my grenade throws... :( :(

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:01 pm
Official Club Member

Post Re: MOA Airsoft - 29th June - Vietnam Shoot
Lol i can say your throws did seem to land on the dot in the right place. A bit too close for comfort some of the time. Best shoot yet lads n very wel done to both sides. Saw a lot of fair play and also a lot of great tactics and ideas from all. Very nackerd and wish it was happening every week like that

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Worked out to be a very long weekend indeed for me, but was well worth it. Had been looking forward to this since last year, and wasn't disappointed;)

Cheers guys, all of you.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:22 am
Official Club Member

I needed some time before writing anything, or doing anything, or even putting my kit away....Naam! you weren't there man!
if you weren't you really missed out. What an amazing shoot, right from the opening sniper fire in the ferns down to the machine gun charge up the track at the end every part of the shoot was fantastic!

before i go into more detail Apologies to anyone I hit multiple times with the pig the motor is pretty much I'm my ear when I'm firing it and it likes to fire lots and lots of rounds (this weekend being no exception!)

So anyway Day 1
build day got a lot done, and I'm pretty sure anyone helping out gained a rather bitter hatred of blue bags
after this me and Liam skulked off into the woods to fell about 3 trees ready for the fire that night
Then after a sneaky KFC the drinking began, i don't remember much about the drinking for some reason but the drunken memories that have returned some of the days later are...
Someone shouting "Stone him! bullets aren't good enough for him!"
Happily handing out Daryl B's Crisps
The sacrificial chairs

So into day 2 and i woke up with an agonizing pain in my right shoulder be it from the sandbags the booze or the unique way of sleeping on a machine gun I had developed overnight it took a good hour and a half to go, still at least i didn't feel hung-over. Cath kindly cooked everyone a brilliant brekkie and this helped ease the pain. sadly my colossal hangover was just beginning. we all packed up then loaded up and shipped out.

So our first battle of the American Firebase began and what a battle, Andy Davo your sniping skills are as brutal as they are effective still waiting for that welt to heal on my cheek!
but to cut a long and fantastically fought battle short we ended up in a newly constructed base around the POW camp, i took up a position in the rear of the base with the big gun (each minute my head pounding more and more! gotta love hangovers) it felt like we fought of hundreds of waves of attackers before the call came him over the radio mortars were inbound on the base. very bravely i stepped out of the base at said point and immediately after the mortars had hit jumped back in only to greet the charging vc with about 500 rounds. and so it kept on and on and on the VC launched brilliant attacks the Americans brilliant ly defended.
One personal highlight for me in this section was hearing another mortar strike inbound i took myself and the big gun out of the base so as to rush back in and help defend after the bombs fell. as i crept out of the base i saw a very VC-esque Jimmy Foley calling in said mortar strike and so rattled him and tony averting disaster! (through cowardice and sneakiness I temporarily saved the base) it wasn't long before another strike came in and no amount of cowardice could stop it. after the strike there was about 3 of us left in the base each running from pillar to post trying to keep the VC out. it was then i took a hit and heard "The pigs down!" in the next few minutes the entire VC Team was in the walls a fantastically fought attack and a well deserved victory.

We did eventually retake the firebase thanks to a crafty airstrike and some kick ass navy seals! Then we went on the offensive! we swept down to bunker 2 but then hit heavy resistance pushing into bunker 1. I'm pretty sure this was in my spaced out phase of hangover as i remember feeling a lot better but don't remember much about the actual fighting! there were a lot of bullets fired and a lot of cries of hit but soon we had the VC boxed into there heavily defended hill complex.

on the way to attack the complex the plan was quite simple really use the big gun to make a lot of noise and distract the enemy whilst we pounced from either side fine by me. although it didn't quite work out like that sitting opposite the bunker just throwing rounds over the valley we didn't hear the other teams when we realized we had no idea what was going on we regrouped at bunker 1, pushing up the track straight into the base it was an all out shoot from the hip charge to clear the base but it worked! and so ended a fantastically brilliant shoot at moa and at the same time I'm happy to say my hangover graciously lifted.
Having barely eaten and carrying about 8 batteries and 8000 rounds all day on top of the big gun it was safe to say I was royally f*cked!
a quick drive home a several baths showers and sleeps later I'm now almost back to my usual self! ha-ha!
Fantastic shoot this snippet I've written here doesn't even begin to do it justice & show how good it really was.

The true champion of the day in my eyes was the M60 it didn't skip a beat all day and it seemed when it was deployed it stopped anything in its tracks. the sheer weight and fatigued induced by carrying the thing meant it had at least 1 American casualty as well ME! I certainly found out why they called it the Pig.

Thanks to everyone
Entire VC Team, perfect VC melted in and out of the jungle didn't know where you were coming from next
Entire US Team, fought bravely and sledge-hammered through the enemy, great bunch of guys to be in a scrape with.
Cath, Jo and everyone up at the tents for keeping us all fighting fit!
Steve and Jay for running the entire day brilliantly

Everyone at MOA you all made it a good day!

Can not wait for the next one!

And to finish how I Started

Nam! You werent there!!

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:50 pm

Well said, Mr Greydrake.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:08 pm
Official Club Member

bravo :roll:

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]