View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
club shoot 15th July 
Full Of Gas

Post club shoot 15th July
well - to be honest it was a bit of a slog. To get shot constantly weared a little thin in the end. I have utmost respect for those organising but we were rats in a drainpipe. To not be able to leave the path seriously hindered our ability to counter sniper etc. Still - enjoyed - just means a different 'approach' next time. Iain

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:31 am
Official Club Member

Post Re: club shoot 15th July
Cheers for the feedback mate,

It was my understanding that you guys were allowed to flank us, just withing the confines of the jungle itself, with the exception of the first part, where i turned you guys round and sent you back to the cp, you had the width of the jungle to flank/surround or do whatever as long as the vip's went down the track itself....

Again i could be wrong, but that was my understanding..

Point taken mate, and we will endevour to make things clearer for the next one....

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am
Official Club Member

Hi everyone
First of all thanks to the organisers yesterday, it cant be easy keeping us all entertained all day. Much appreciated. We were lucky with the weather again :)

Couple of comments from me for whats its worth (that was only my third shoot)

First the jungle walk, most members of the team on the jungle walk didnt know what it was or where it went. The few people who had an idea all thaught it was different things. I was on the jungle walk when I came last month and it was completely different to yesterday. Id suggest next time if the walk is a particular route maybe a walk through for the whole team from start to finish would be useful. Or it would be useful to me as I'm still learning the site.

Secondly, my four friends who have never been before send their thanks, they all had a good day. They did feel though like the day seemed to lose its structure a bit after the first game in the morning. Then in the afternoon on the jungle walk they seemed to be spending all their time either medic-ing or being medic'd. Im sure if I can get them to come again we can give them an action packed day.
Thanks again
See you all in August

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Stephens (sgt wilko) thought,s shall be added tomorrow, as he is on nights tonight

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 pm
Official Club Member

Ill apologise for my part in not following the marked jungle walk, as I was leading the guys, unfortunately, I took the route ive been taken down multiple times cutting off a couple of areas. I really enjoyed the morning, the afternoon I think, from the attackers perspective, was too constricted. But, I had an amazing time with a lot of good kills and a lot of good play. No complaints for hit taking. Attackers and especially the new guys, very proffessional through the jungle, not afraid to get stuck in and always lending a helping hand :) great effort guys. Marshalls did a great job as usual and I got some great feedback! Thanks guys! Ryan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awarded For Bravery In the Face of a MK 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm
Official Club Member

As I've said on the FB page, the site at the moment favors those on defense. As an example, virtually the whole morning session I hadn't fired a shot as we were on a constant advance to contact - pushing the defending team back. As a moving bush I can't run with the hounds!! But as soon as the tables were switched and my camo/ghillie/vest could take up a concealed position I had-em going back to re-spawn like they were on a conveyor belt. :D Although I was only sat at the side of the path there was enough cover to disappear. Perhaps a tougher one-strike rule could apply to defenders in a very tight game like the afternoons - but I think there was definitely enough resources to win - why...

In the real world trying to push through dense cover can be a slow and arduous task - and you can probably see why. However, at the risk of upsetting a few people can I say that the afternoon session was a classic example of where you need to push through with aggression and a lot of fire power. In effect you were caught in a rolling ambush and when caught like that in jungle warfare the only way to survive is to put down heavy rates of fire and fight through the ambush. On many occasions the two teams got bogged down with multiple hits (maybe spacing needed addressing) and it was often only when medic'd that the direction of the shooter was established and then the undergrowth was well and truly "rinsed" and you pushed on. Often the first man hit was your Section Commander so communication & control - tended to disappear and with it went any target indication - I was quite (very 8-) close to you on occasions and could hear the conversation. Four or five players were new to the site and really needed directing.

Four or five of the attackers were wearing desert/MTP-cam and it really stood out against the dark green and shadows of the the bushes as what caught your eye was a fleeting patch of light movement against very dark green and it gave me time to slowly level the rifle on the ambush point and keep still.

It must be demoralizing to be the front man and constantly be hit (sorry Andy :oops: ) but I think the numbers were something like 16 against 6 (of which three were single shot snipers) split into 2 sections - man that's some AEG fire-power, could it have been utilized more :?:

But hey nobody died, I think you were just short of the objective (blue water pipe) and it was a tough game - nobody should beat themselves up. Next time I'm down I'll ditch the sniper rifle and ghillie and come ready to fight with a section through the "jungle walk" - just make sure nobody is offended by a profound amount of bad language and shouting :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 am

Hi Guys,

Had a really fun day yesterday, and thank you for being so welcoming with it being my first time on-site. I even managed to hit a few people which is a first!

I would second the above feedback on the 'Jungle Walk'. For a new person on-site it was really confusing at times to try and figure out what was going on, and what needed to be done. However, the experienced players in the sections kept things together which was great, paticulary Luke, Ryan and Andy, but there were others who unfortunately I can't remember there names.

Also many thanks to the organisers for a great day, and to Cath for an excellent brew and burger.

Can't wait for the next shoot I can get to!

Cheers

Jon (Guy with Multicam and ICS Sig 551 SWAT)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]