View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
MOA Airsoft - 2nd April 2011 - Operation Barbarossa 
Official Club Member

Post MOA Airsoft - 2nd April 2011 - Operation Barbarossa
Well,

What can i say. AWESOME.....

Massive effort from everyone contributing to one of the best shoots ive ever been to...

Big thanks to Steve, Steve and darren for marshalling so well..........

From my point of view im fooked...... bloody chasing shadows up the site only to find there rarest of things...... a sprinting Andy davo :) :) :)

Big well done my team, i think althought we technically lost as the East Germans held more positions at the end, that doesnt take away from what was an immense team performance, by both club member and newbie alike... you guys are some of the fairest new lads ive seen in a while big well done.

Shoot you all soon

J

Ps for those of you at ground zero last year im off downstairs as Billy and Ste have made cola bottles :) :) :) :)

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:11 pm
Official Club Member

Post Re: 2nd April 2011 - Operation Barbarossa
Amazing shoot guys to start off with. All around excellent performances from both vets and new, young and old, the bench mark is set and everybody fights to reach that standard with none failing to achieve. Being on the blue team we gave out and recieved just as much, i might not be a vet yet but i feel well cemented here at moa... And as each shoot comes and gos you can be literally left speechless, drained and satisfied. Struggling to think of any bad points or areas to improve... Again much thanks to the organisers, the marshalls and the co's of each team for executing a perfect engagement. 11/10??? Need i say more? Ryan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awarded For Bravery In the Face of a MK 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:15 pm
Official Club Member

steve11881 wrote:
Gents, fooking top day today, best airsoft day I have ever had, took me back to my days in the Army....... Decent set of orders, excellent scenarios, both teams played extremely well, loadsa tactics and comms were excellent... until it went tits up about 330pm!!!
Lets do more of this guys...

To Steve W, Darren, Steve Biker and Jizzy, the hard work and effort was appreciated and I can honestly say you guys run rings round the competition, speaking on behalf of both Alistair and Myself, Proud to be members of MOA and piss rings on the other clubs.

Take it easy lads and see you at the next shoot

Stevie L

MOVED FROM GENERAL CHAT

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:30 pm
Anyone got a hot rock?

Wow, now that was something special.

From the very start when we rushed to get to the POW camp to the closing skirmish at the enemy CP.

A quality day was had by all.
I've not been for 5 months or so and was a little hesitant when I was thrown into command.
As a team the blue boys were supportive to a man and made the day for me.
Joe when you got into the tyres, (under duress I might say) you saved the day. Well done that man!!!!

The 3 of my team who held the Alamo for over an hour, Martin, Bug and 1 other (sorry I don't know your name) won the game for us. I have no idea how you got there or which way you went, it was epic though.

Darren thanks for stepping in and leading the team up the left flank, a great fighting advance mixed with medic-ing and some sneaky beaky stuff.

Andy D with your 7 kill lone wolf foray.

So many huge moments.

Blue team, well done we won the day. It was close at points though. At one point I was alone and very lonely in a bunker taking fire and wondering where I would run.

The western boys were far more aggressive and if victory was based on aggression, it would have been yours.
At least 2 of those attacks on our bunkers and the POW camp were unstoppable and all we could do was retreat.

Planning on the part of the Big W and his boys was superb, Jizzy that was a great scenario. Thats what it should be like fast paced and changing priorities constantly making us re-think every decision.

I can't wait for the next one.

"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 pm
Official Club Member

i know i always say it but that was the best shoot evarrrrrr.
jay great work on the storyline and mission packs, i had a great day sneeking up the jungle walk but im suffering for it now infact im so fooked i cant even get the energy to go the offy for beer!!!!!
big thanks to wiggsy biker and darren for the cracking job they did today,
looking forward to the next shoot, please tho if its along the same lines jay can you find a role for me that involves just laying down under a bush for a long time. steady with them cola's guys.thanks to everyone for the great game play .
andy.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 pm
Forum Owner

Firstly, thanks for the comments. When I gave [asked] Jizzy to write the game on what I was wanting to do and how it was to "hopefully" go, he just looked me in the eye and laughed.
"Told you it could be done Jay"! lol. [As Steve, "ME" tries to take all of the credit]
The whole day's scenario's were thought out to the finest detail. The only problem now is to match this shoot with a better one????

The idea for this shoot started as, you guest it , an idea. But without bringing other heads together to iron out "all" the tweek's, it would not have gone the way it went.

The teams were amazing to watch as a marshal. Next to no intervention, and the best "fair game play" i've ever seen, not just on our site but any site I have been to. Dosen't matter about who did what, planned, thought, wrote, every man jack was full on, and from the kind comments we've seen so far on the forum and the verbals said to me personaly, i'm just happy that you had a fantastic shoot.

Big thanks to Jay, Biker and Daran for the whole days efforts, on the day and the behind the scene's stuff. To the commanders, Richi, Steve L, Andy Davo and of course Jay. Most of all to the club lads and the new guy's for your effort. I hope to follow up with a great shoot next time. "Ye, as if" lol.

Pleasure to be of service to all at M.O.A

Steve.....

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 pm
Official Club Member

Saturday was absolutely awesome! Apart from a quick visit a few weeks ago I didn't really know what to expect but I don't think it could have been any better.

Massive thanks to the MOA guys for the whole package they provide - unbeatable and doubly worth every penny. The support provided to newbies by you guys and by the experienced players was class.

As a 50 yr old massively unfit newbie I didn't expect to complete the day or contribute much - so a real sense of achievement at the end - especially since I was on the winning blue team! The guys really get you into it and the scenarios and the flow of the day make it feel totally real. Real fair play all round as well.

Thanks to team leader Richy for his excellent leadership and tactics.

I'll be back some time after I've recovered from my head wound and being fragged a foot above my head (both inflicted by my mate chaz) and trained my thigh muscles to withstand a full day of tactical crouching - I can hardly climb stairs the last 2 days!

I'll be straight down in the dirt and crawling towards the enemy next time!

Cheers to all on the day

Andy

(p.s. need4speed refers to my car not my ability to advance through the undergrowth)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 pm
Official Club Member

andyneed4speed wrote:
Saturday was absolutely awesome! Apart from a quick visit a few weeks ago I didn't really know what to expect but I don't think it could have been any better.

Massive thanks to the MOA guys for the whole package they provide - unbeatable and doubly worth every penny. The support provided to newbies by you guys and by the experienced players was class.

As a 50 yr old massively unfit newbie I didn't expect to complete the day or contribute much - so a real sense of achievement at the end - especially since I was on the winning blue team! The guys really get you into it and the scenarios and the flow of the day make it feel totally real. Real fair play all round as well.

Thanks to team leader Richy for his excellent leadership and tactics.

I'll be back some time after I've recovered from my head wound and being fragged a foot above my head (both inflicted by my mate chaz) and trained my thigh muscles to withstand a full day of tactical crouching - I can hardly climb stairs the last 2 days!

I'll be straight down in the dirt and crawling towards the enemy next time!

Cheers to all on the day

Andy

(p.s. need4speed refers to my car not my ability to advance through the undergrowth)

Couldnt have put it better myself. Really good day out and luckily the weather got much better. Thanks to Steve and Alistair on my (losing!) team for their help and making me feel welcome. Again wasnt sure what to expect thought it could be hours of not much then the odd shootout but it wasnt like that at all. Constant action or covert moving towards action. Really fair play too hardly any instances of people not taking hits. Looks like i was lucky and picked the best shoot yet for me and my friends first time.

Will be looking to join and get back into the action when my Thighs and Quads have recoverd too.

Thanks to all the staff too for great day out and sorry for andy for fragging him and drawing blood!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 pm
Official Club Member

Harders wrote:
Amazing shoot guys to start off with. All around excellent performances from both vets and new, young and old, the bench mark is set and everybody fights to reach that standard with none failing to achieve. Being on the blue team we gave out and recieved just as much, i might not be a vet yet but i feel well cemented here at moa... And as each shoot comes and gos you can be literally left speechless, drained and satisfied. Struggling to think of any bad points or areas to improve... Again much thanks to the organisers, the marshalls and the co's of each team for executing a perfect engagement. 11/10??? Need i say more? Ryan.

Ryan, that just sounds plain dirty, "drained and satisfied" ???

But i have to agree, i think i saw the match stop three times in the middle of a firefight in order to sort out issues and misunderstandings, we didn't even need a marshal, just stopped, had a chat and carried on. For example, i shot someone in the chest with me L96 whilst they were throwing a grenade, we stopped, had a chat and found out i was actually out of ammo XD fail on my part, but it was good we could just stop and sort it without everyone jumping on us.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 pm
Official Club Member

Got loads of people interested in this - including my 19 yr old daughter who is a wicked shot on COD - so we'll probably be back with a crew around June :)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next