View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
POW Airsoft - 1st May 2011 
Official Club Member

Post POW Airsoft - 1st May 2011
After 9 hours on the road yesterday im super fooked.....

I think for the moment all i can manage is one sentence to sum up the weekend.

"HOT ROCK RITCHIE"

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 am
Official Club Member

Post Re: POW Airsoft - 1st May 2011
Don't go picking on Richie, he saved my weekend :D

A big thanks to all of you who went actually, thoroughly enjoyed the trip. A very picturesque drive up there, the Falkirk Hilton tent, a good night before the shoot (apart from Richie's fire juggling...get well soon mate) and I managed a cracking game in the afternoon despite trying to turn myself inside out all morning lol

Good times, good times.

"Hail to the Chief"

Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm
Site Admin

Could everyone who went pm me your email address, videos taken on sat night will be emailed to you ;)
Also my review is to follow once i have tidied up :D

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 pm
Site Admin

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater Pictures from Scoutthedoggie are already up boys ;)

Mon May 02, 2011 3:21 pm
Official Club Member

Noooo why is it me on bloody pictures :(

Mon May 02, 2011 3:32 pm
Site Admin

Hahaaha, im sure he'll have a load more up soon......

Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

I know the complete and utterly fucked feeling all too well. Carrying my MG34 around all day was a bad choice! ;)

You guys did well. You're more than welcome back anytime!

Mon May 02, 2011 5:49 pm
Official Club Member

LOL

but you didnt need to shoot people with it as to see it was scary enough lol.....

Seriously had an immensely good day well whole weekend really.

So heres my thoughts...

P.O.W Airsoft
Located just outside Falkirk in an enroumous 160 acre i think? woodland site. Dead easy to even if you do pass through a few places where im pretty sure EVERYONE was related LOL.......

Some really good natural features as well as loads of really impressive structures..... You can tell an enormous amount of hard work has gone into the designing (ernies department i think) and the building (Beths department) :) I personally particularily liked a very realistic V2 rocket site. One day google earth will give them some explaining to do :).

Car park and safe zone were right on the site extremity so no need to walk 5 miles to get into game.

Also a portaloo on site, which for some MOA'ers was a life saver.....

They were also kind enough to provide us with materials and things to contain fire....... allowing us to continue the now time honoured MOA tradition of will it burn or will it smell....?? :) :) :)

On to the actual day from my perspective....

AWESOME......... Some really good games, took me a little while to get used to some medic rules were not used to and to try to remember a site which although i had the pleasure of walking round on the sat night,,,, i dont really remember all that much about it.. :( Bloody cola bottles.....

Heard very little cheat calling, probably one dispute all day which in fairness was dealt with straight away and we moved on...... marshalls were approachable, informative and fair certainly from what i saw.

I did my best to keep up with the rest of the lads, but my spare tyre/s, jagermeister sweat and it being 30 degrees were not helping lol...

Left absolutely knackered with a big smile on my face which is normally a good sign..... I think from now on if anyone asks do i know any good sites in Scotland my answer would have to be NO......... I know a GREAT site called POW.... :) :)

Big thanks to all who turned up the Sat night was as err colourfull as expected and it still amazes me that no matter who goes from the club we show that we work as one dedicated team who get the job done.

Cheers all ill see you on the next one.

J

Mon May 02, 2011 8:29 pm
Official Club Member

Fantastic shoot really friendly regulars a top night with a few beers and some brill games the day after on a Fantastic site
As always with the guys a good time even though I was on the other team all day u know its always fun to shoot at you and i gave you all a vip Target to a for lol. Historic added a new element especially with me running all the kit aswell getting hit by a helmet wearing Nazi gunner from a tower getting mediced by a Britain ww2 para whilst the other 2 gave me cover then moving down and clearing the structure with thompsons blaring very good experiance. Bloody shattered today tho! See you all again soon
John

Mon May 02, 2011 10:16 pm
Official Club Member

wow what a weekend, ace weather and a fantastic site, everyone was very friendly and welcomeing, defo going back there again,
never saw any cheeting myself, gameplay was exelant, the best site ive had the pleasure to visit (apart from our own).
big thank you to our hosts Ernie and Beth.

Tue May 03, 2011 7:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next