View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
MOA Airsoft - 02/06/2011 - Operation Broken Arrow 
Official Club Member

Post MOA Airsoft - 02/06/2011 - Operation Broken Arrow
/discuss

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:23 pm
Official Club Member

Post Re: MOA Airsoft - 02/06/2011 - Operation Broken Arrow
I can tell by the lack of posts everybody is really tired, really bruised, cut in most cases and enjoying this brill weather :) Brilliant shoot as always, loved playing the role of support gunner in the first half... Even though its a damn heavy thing for 3hour carry rounds, I now love it :) great teams, some very impressive assaults today :) highlight of my day... Being given the task of defusing an undefusable bomb with a mark 9 right next to my head lol BOOM! Is an understatement... Thanks Jizzy and Darren for that... And for the great marshalling :) kept the game flowing :) brilliant shoot guys, never dissapoint. Ryan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awarded For Bravery In the Face of a MK 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 pm
Official Club Member

Hi guys,
just popped on to say that today was a great day all in all, fantastic scenario and good bunch of guys and gals as always.
big thanks to steve and everyone else who dragged my, ahem, gentlemanly figure out of the woods!!!
very well executed medical evacuation!
thanks a lot everyone, see you on the next shoot.
cheers
chris

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ps congrats to ryan for blowing himself up!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 pm
Official Club Member

had a great day, one of the best days shooting at moa ive had, got some good kills in the morning as part of the british squad and got to shoot richie in the afternoon as part of the lybian team.
well done jizzy for planning another fantastic day. and darren for building the nuke, wasnt expecting a mk9 in it, and i dont think ryan was.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:42 am
Official Club Member

A big well done to the Libyans for successfully Disarming the weapon and winning the game...............

Bit of a chaotic day with Chris's little trip to A&E. a big well done to everyone on that score for being patient and professional. Thanks to Allistair for his expertise i think chris may owe you a pint :).

From a marshalling point of view im knackered LOL.... was a really hot day and some UTTERLY BRILLIANT FIREFIGHTS. for example the British assualt on bunker 2 at the start of the day and the Libyan assault on bunker 1 near the end (game defining in fact).
As always everyone was honest and put the good of the game first (VERY GOOD TO SEE).

My favourite moments of the day though are these.

1, Watching Biker try to medic wiggsy only for wiggsy to want to run in the OPPOSITE direction to where biker had left his weapon, resulting in a sort of speshul morris dance :) :)

2, Seeing the Libyans use a bit of initiative and capture Ritchie May. after his first hit.. Only for the chap guarding him to take his eye off him for one second and BOOM hed disarmed him shot some people and got about 30 ft before he got drilled. Dead yes but no longer captured..... i even got that on camera :) :) :)

Once again a big well done to all for smashing day and also a big thanks to the 2 commanders who although had issues at various points coped remarkably well.......

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. "

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:05 am
Official Club Member

I had a great day. As the lybian engineer i must say that my decision to cart the M60 and a nuclear missile around for the whole of the afternoon contributed to my poor physical state on sunday. Especially as i needed to burrow into a hole like a hobbit to hide it from the brits, only for wiggsy to decide to it was too boring (;) and that we needed to lauch an attack to totally eradicate the brits. 5 mins later and loads of scratches and bruises getting out the hole and i was free.

Thanks to darren for a sneaky bit of missile making in that the "orange wire" to disarm was actually near the motor section and nowhere near the nose cone with 4 "booby-trapped" diversionary wires.

A big thanks to jizzy again for putting some well defines goals and intel to the shoot and making it have purpose and direction.

So glad to hear that the site is on about getting its own frequenc(ies) to sort the radio stuff out. (suggested it a year or so ago and glad that the club is now in a state that we can do it). Thanks to all the members (old and new) for getting ever increasing numbers and making it a great day out.

I saw no "terminator" moments at all during the day, so hats off to the noobs for playing fair.

Cant wait till the next shoot.

nick.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:14 am
Official Club Member

Sign of a good day - I was ABSOLUTELY KNACKERED yesterday and still hurt a lot in various places today. I won't mention the 3 face/head shots I got too much - you know who you are ;) But I attracted a few comments at work today :)

Thanks to all as usual. I'm glad wigsy decided to move us out of the kiiling house area because a) It was more fun b) I was getting eaten alive in a ditch guarding the track down from bunker 1 on my own c) The brits decided to turn up just as the rest of you headed out - I'd have got mullahed on my own.

Loved last ditch defending of bunker 1 at the end - down to my pistol coz my M4 was making terminal gearbox noises :(

Oh, and thanks to whoever found my M93 mag from over a month ago - still loaded and gassed!

See you all soon.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:40 pm
Site Admin

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!
MOA shoots keep getting better and better!!! Gonna start off by saying many congrats to Jizzy and Darren for the marshaling, the scenario setups and keeping the day running as efficient as the German Army! Being a member of the British Team was a fun experience. Coms between myself, alistair, ste and richie were superb! Splitting into 3 teams aswell and on my team having Ryan, Jimmy, Rhys and myself as a 'hit and run' squad. Although we couldnt run so fast with Ryan and his M60 :roll: Loved every minute of defending and attacking Bunker 2. Was awesome when we held off Wigsy's main attack on Bunker 1 with just me and ryan with richie on the other side of bunker 2 :D Until we then went down :(

A slight note for Ryan aswell.....dont join the Army Bomb Disposal squad whatever you do! Stay at KFC!! :D

Many congrats to everyone involved and i cant wait for the next Op!

Many Ginger Hugs and Kisses.
The Ginger One.

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 pm
Anyone got a hot rock?

I can usually tell the quality of a shoot by the injuries I have suffered!!!!!

If its sore muscles and a swollen knee, its because i've had a fantastic day.
If its hot rock related, well say no more!!!!!

I had a ball on Saturday, it was possibly the best day I have had at MOA!!!! Driven largly by the scenario, boys it was superb!
From the very first contact where Andy and I held the advancing Libyans in the Jungle walk through to my escape attempt and sunsequent death by 1000 bbs!!!!!!
I even enjoyed watching the missile travel past me in the HELO.

A few of us threw a few rounds in from the grave!!!! Sorry guys, couldn't resist!!!!

I was responsiible for a couuple of your head shots I think Andy, soz mate.
I'm sure you'll pay me back sometime soon.

Jizzy and Darren great marshalling kept the game running with some great momentum. You knew exactly when to guide the opposing forces towards eachother to ensure there was not too much quiet time, while maintaining a good tactical battle!

Great assault in the last 30 mins from Ste's team although at the end there we nearly got you!!!

I cant wait for the next one guys, the weekender for me.
If your names not down, what can I say. Get it on there, i'm bringing another sacrifice!!!!!!!!

"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:24 pm
Site Admin

Saying of the shoot??.......'FIX BAYONETS!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWW'
This tickles me haha

Knock it off with them negative waves Moriority! Its a mother beautiful bridge.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next