View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
MOA Club Shoot March 17th 2019 - Review 

Post MOA Club Shoot March 17th 2019 - Review
Thanks to everybody who made last Sunday a great day, the Players, the Staff & Marshalls, the Chef.
It's been a good 7 years since I last played Airsoft and the first time for my little Brother who came along- we both had a brilliant experience and will definitely be back soon.

Firstly, some points about the site:
- The site is the best I've ever played, not too small, not too big. Evenly spaced outposts and bases. Good cover options, whether it be a
bush, tree, hill, dips in the soil or the man made structures which are used to their full potential throughout the day.
- Staff are friendly and helpful, clear with their instructions and fair.
- Price of shoot - For an outdoor site, the price is cheaper than most other sites I've been to and is very fairly priced.
- Hire guns were reliable and sturdy, got the job done.
- Food, snacks and drinks are good and cheap.
- BB's are reasonably priced and you get more than enough for the day.
- On-site Pyro (Smokes, Thunderflash & Pea Grenades) are cheap enough and worked everytime.
Would definitely recommend.

Now, a ramble about the shoot on Sunday 17th -
I must start by saying. This is the first site I've been to (or know of) where you get a bit of free off-roading in a Landy before you've even booked in and sorted your kit.
The younger ones in the group enjoyed this as it's something new and exciting. Well played.
We found a spot to dump our gear under the canvas tents and made our way over to the 'office'? To book in and sort out the hire guns, purchase some BB's & grenades. We were met by Luke, a friendly member of staff who sorted us out and had a bit of a chat.
After the initial booking in, chronoing your guns and sorting-your-stuff-out phase, you are asked to gather round and listen in to the briefing (which was clear and simply explained).

The day was split into three parts: Morning session. Dinner. Afternoon Session.

Morning Session:
We split into two teams, a smaller team [Defenders] and a larger team [Attackers] - we played the attacking team for the morning session.
We got into our starting positions and had another short briefing from the Marshall, a last minute detail just so we were all clear about what we had to do. Attackers objective was to push through the bushes which surrounded the bunker that the defenders were situated within and were defending (very well I must add). We ended up struggling as the defenders knew where we were and it was difficult to flank them.
-Short break after we didn't take the bunker-
We [Attackers] now split into two teams and attacked the bunker from both sides which greatly improved our chances of victory but was still no easy feat!
For the final part of the morning session, we split into several small teams and attacked the bunker from every which way we could.
The morning session was challenging and good fun.

-Dinner time:
Hotdogs, big ones, with onions and condiments... two for £1. Spot on.
Snacks and drinks are also available for pence.

Afternoon Session:
After a break and something to scran, we gathered round the safe zone and split into four teams of 10 players.
-Blue team (Our team)
-Black Team
-Red Team?
-Cant remember the other team colour...

Each team headed out to our designated starting point, Blue team had the POW camp which is next to a swamp/lake/pond which provides a decent amount of cover on one side as it's hard for the enemy to sneak through a swamp without making some sort of noise.
Game on!
We were attacked shortly after we had designated our defence spots for each team member- we got peppered with incoming fire and after a short fire fight and made our way to the horse track to respawn. After the first short defeat we learned our lessons, stuck together and patrolled our way around the entire site, engaging enemy teams and fighting our way to victory... Or close enough, we came joint second overall so it wasn't too bad.
We were pinned down by firing enemies, crawled on our hands and knees, traversed what looked like a mangrove swamp, took cover and held the last base of the day, right up until the last half hour and we got removed by the enemies, lost a few good men (and ladies) along the way but nothing our medics couldn't fix in no-time. We would have won if two of us didn't have dead batteries ;)
(note to self - buy better batteries and carry spares of said better batteries)

What a cracking day.
Thanks to everyone who was there and made it great...
I understand that the 17th was a busy day with lots of players on so I can imagine it must have been a bit of a challenge for the staff and Marshalls... But, all went well and we had a great day.
Thank you.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]